Saturday, December 20, 2008

September 11, seven years ago~

Seven years ago today our country was attacked. I guess everyone remembers where they were and has their own story to tell. I have one too, but I wont go into all that now....

However, today was just another day... seven years later.... Today was a busy day, Kenton had braces put on and I had to go to class tonight. As I rushed through this day I felt something was missing.. I didn't see any sign of remembrance of this day, seven years ago. Everyone was going about their day as if nothing happened, seven years ago. It made me wonder if anyone stopped to remember those lost in the senseless act of terrorism, seven years ago. And then, there it was an old car with a flag draped over the windshield. It was the only way they could display our American flag; it was their way of saying "we remember, seven years ago".

I love my country. I love that I am an American. I love that there are people who will stand for what they believe in and will guard this country. I thank them and pray for their souls. I pray this war will be over soon and that they can come home to a peaceful America.

No comments: