Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Quilt Shoppe With Mother~


I love nothing more than going shopping with my Mother~

When I was a little girl we used to go shopping every Saturday. We would hop on the bus and ride the bus to downtown Nashville. We would hit Harvey's, Cain Sloan, Woolworth, and then make a stop at the Ben West Library; it was great! Before we would leave we would either eat at Candy Land, the basement at Harvey's or upstairs in the Iris Room at Cain Sloan. We never really purchased anything, but we loved to look at all the "pretties" and then eat lunch. I loved those Saturdays with my Mother~

So today (Saturday, December 6) wasn't any different when Mother and I went out shopping! I was so excited that she was finally here in my new little town! Our first stop was a great quilt shoppe I love to visit - Needle Me This- they have beautiful fabric and it's a great place to just hang out and be inspired! The people there are so sweet! I frequent this place often and had told the manager, Charie about how much my Mother would love this place... I had told her she was coming to visit and how excited I was. She was very happy to see us and helped Mother around and was happy to help her~ what a dear she is!! This was a great shopping trip! One I will never forget, and every time I'm in the shoppe I will always remember my Mother and the fabulous day we had!!

No comments: