Saturday, December 20, 2008

From Baby Teeth to Braces~

I miss the Tooth Fairy~ Kenton had one more tooth that just wouldn't come out... so we had to have the dentist pull it. When he got in the car to go home I was half way down when I realized I didn't have his tooth. I was about to turn around when he asked me why I was going back. I quickly told him that he needed his tooth for the Tooth Fairy - and with that he said "really mom... the Tooth Fairy..." now granted Kenton is now 13... but really.. the Tooth Fairy has to come one last time. It's my child's LAST BABY TOOTH! Such a sadness came over me, a sadness like no other. I longed for the day of new baby teeth. The joy I got when that first tooth came through. The joy I got when he smiled that one tooth smile. The joy of teaching how to brush that one tooth... how did he loose those teeth so fast!

Now it's all about braces~ Kenton got his braces on today (9/11/08). I felt a since of melancholy as I watched the dental hygienist put them on. My baby is growing up so fast. He looked so mature in that chair. So ready for braces, so ready to have a perfect smile.

I wonder if the Tooth Fairy wore braces?~

No comments: