Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Did Summer Go?!?



It's crazy how fast this summer has gone by! We have been so busy and unfortunately I've been so busy I haven't been blogging like I want to. OK... so first things first... we got the hot tub up and running~ it has been great! The nights here are so cool and the hot water feels great after a long day of painting... which I have been doing a lot of! I made a trip back to Nashville the later part of July to see mother; get her to a doctor's appointment, get her moved, and try to get some shopping done (which I miss sooo much!).



Haven't Lost My Marbles Yet~
Spruce Pine is known as Gem Country. They just had a huge gem festival here and of course we had to check it out! I have never seen so many beautiful gems. I couldn't resist taking pictures of these beautiful stones and marbles. It was pretty early in the day and the sun reflected their beauty just right!


First Day of School~ Already?!?!
Wow, I can’t believe it! It’s that time of year again, time for another year of school. I can honestly say that I’m not ready. This has been a great summer, one I’ll never forget; mainly because I’ve been able to be home with the boys- that’s something I’ve never been able to do. And it’s been great!!! But it went by too fast- boo hoo!! I wish we could have done more “stuff” around the house or around town together- other than me painting.. but then again I don’t think they would have enjoyed it as much as me…

So on to the new school year~ So the boys are both at the same school and they really like it! They like their teachers and classes – but most of all they LOVE not having to wear uniforms!! I have to say that while I do love the uniforms, it’s nice to see kids in “regular” clothes :o) the boys are getting so big, they hated Ken and me walking them into the building… and especially me taking pictures…. but I couldn’t resist! Here’s to a wonderful school year!!

No comments: