Sunday, February 14, 2010

and the greatest of these is ~LOVE~

Vaneltines day~ the day of LOVE, the day when we show how much we love each other just a little bit more than we do on any other day. I love LOVE. I love the feeling you get when your overtaken with emotion, when your heart sticks in your throat, when you feel butterflies at the glimps of who you are in love with.

Ken was so sweet today~ he gave me flowers and a fun pillow.

Valentines day holds such a special place in my heart for both of my boys~

~for Kenton it was his first Valentines day. This day is special to me because he was only 2 weeks old. Every time I looked at him I thought my heart was going to bust in my chest. I had never felt so overcome with love in my life! It's also a special day because his umbilical cord fell off.. I know as gross as that may seem to others it was sad to me.. it was our last little sign of attachment.. guess that's just one of the quirky things about me~

~for Peyton is was his first Valentines day as well. It was my last week at home before I had to go back to work~ I loved being at home and being a little momma. I loved the was my new baby cooed and smiled. It was hard going back to work and I held onto each and every thing he did. I never knew you could love two people so much at the same time~

Valentines day is also a special day for my mother. It was 34 years ago today that she and George went on their first date. This is the first Valentines day that they are not together~ we called him tonight and they got to share their "I love you"s. He sent her 4 different cards! She loved them and talking to him.

And lastly Valentines day is also special because 84 years ago today my precious grandparents were married! In my eyes, they were the most perfect couple. They loved each other very much~ These were given to them on their wedding day 2/14/1926 and my G-daddy gave them to me on my wedding day when he gave me away~ I love you and miss you dearly Cecil & Eddie~
The handwritting on the bottom of the plate is my granddaddy's.. I hate it that the 6 has rubbed off some, but love knowing that is his handwritting! :o)

I pray that my boys will always keep love in their heart and know that the greatest gift of all is LOVE!

No comments: